The northern portion of the La Costa Town Square project is a proposed single-family residential project on the north side of Rancho Santa Fe Road, which will include approximately 35 dwelling units. This proposed project is by Taylor Morrison Homes.
The 83.1-acre La Costa Town Square site has been subdivided into four separate parcels:
1. A 41.5-acre commercial parcel with an open-space buffer.
2. A 24.4-acre single-family residential parcel.
3. A 10-acre single-family residential parcel.
4. A 7.2-acre office parcel.
source: Developer website/information subject to change without notice
The property is located on the southeast and northeast corners of the Rancho Santa Fe Road/La Costa Avenue intersection, and the owner is Property Development Centers (PDC), a Safeway company.
The project will have two access points off Rancho Santa Fe Road: a right-turn-only driveway just east of La Costa Avenue, and a fully signalized entrance at the Paseo Lupino intersection. The driveway will lead shoppers to a commercially themed main street and a centrally located pedestrian plaza that will serve as the center’s focal point. The plaza will feature a clock tower, water fountain, landscaped planters and trees in grated planters. Seat walls will provide a public gathering area for the development and the neighborhood.
East of the plaza will be a Vons grocery store and other inline retail shops, and west of the plaza will be several major retail stores and other shops.
Two major parking fields in the project’s center, divided by the main street, will provide parking. Multi-tenant and single-tenant pads will be dispersed around the project’s perimeter.
The corner of Rancho Santa Fe Road and La Costa Avenue will feature an enhanced pedestrian entry with extensive landscaping, monument walls, entry tower and water features, leading to an outdoor plaza formed by potential restaurant buildings. A 3.7-acre open space buffer will separate the project’s three land-use elements of residential housing, commercial stores and office areas. The landscaped buffer will contain bioswales and basins to protect water quality.
Several pedestrian access ways will crisscross the center. A pedestrian pathway will provide access from the cul-de-sac of the proposed neighborhood to the east to La Costa Avenue. Pedestrian access ways will also be provided along the vehicular access points and to the bus stop on Rancho Santa Fe Road. The pedestrian system will feature landscaped sidewalks along vehicle travel lanes, and through the center of the site.
New trails and sidewalks will link the project with surrounding neighborhoods. Bicycle lanes on Rancho Santa Fe Road and La Costa Avenue will provide access to the center, which will also provide facilities to store bicycles on site. North County Transit provides bus service via Route 304.
The project also includes improvements to the curb, gutter and sidewalks on Rancho Santa Fe Road and La Costa Avenue. New signalized intersections will be installed at the entry points on La Costa Avenue and Camino de los Coches, and also on Levante Street as warranted.
Mobilization and site grading will start in January 2013. Once grading is completed, which is expected in June or July of 2013, underground utilities will be installed, with vertical building construction to follow. The project will be constructed in phases, with the grocery store, main street, plaza and adjacent retail to be completed first. The perimeter development pads for retail, restaurants and banks will be completed later. We expect the first phase to open in summer 2014. Development of the residential and office portions of the project are to be determined.
Rancho Santa Fe Real Estate (aka, Easterling Estates, The Easterling Group) is owned by Todd Easterling and family. Originally formed for the real estate sales and purchases of family and friends, the Easterling family eventually decided to offer their knowledge of Rancho Santa Fe and San Diego to the general public. For more information on our business and entertainment interests, please visit www.EasterlingGroup.com.
The Easterling family has the following interests:
REAL ESTATE GROUP (Rancho Santa Fe Real Estate, Inc.; La Costa Oaks Realty; San Diego Realty)
● Family owned local brokerage for buyers, sellers & investors (buyer rebates on homes; MLS listing)
● Real estate investments
● Member of National Association of Realtors & San Diego County MLS
NOVELIST / AUTHOR & ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCTIONS
● Latest novel, "The Miracle Man," was released March 1st, 2014.Top 1% of all/2.5 million books. (Tech advisers: Sir Ian Wilmut, cloned Dolly, & Dr. Hal Broxmeyer, pioneer in cord blood transplants & stem cell research)
● "The First Witness" is currently on 4 Best Seller lists for over 1 year, as high as #1 (techno-thrillers, political suspense, conspiracies, genre fiction/political).
● Originally discovered by Pinder Lane Garon-Brooke Literary Agency, of John Grisham Fame
● Film / motion picture / movie rights
MEDIA, INTERNET, & TECHNOLOGY VENTURES
Provides companies with funding/VC, strategic & creative marketing, PR, IR, product development, corporate development, M&A, business development, collaterals, & web presence, with the goal of increasing business and valuation.
● Media and entertainment
● Wireless backhaul & mobile networks/products (4G, LTE, small cell, enterprise, security)
● Radio frequency & Free Space Optics wireless bridges
● Biotech & Medical products
● Satellite, cable, cellular
● Broadband technologies
● Websites / e-commerce / social networking
● Consumer electronics/products & software/games
La Costa / La Costa Oaks / Carlsbad / Encinitas / Oceanside / Vista / San Marcos
Serving all of San Diego County